When we first learned in March that COVID-19 would keep us and most of our clients at home… we suddenly realized we were ready!
Tucci Learning Solutions and the Competent Learner Model learned how to manage and move forward with the challenge presented. We were ready. We adapted. We can move forward with confidence now. Thanks to each of you for bringing CARE and skill and collaboration to fruition. Below are Team TUCCi’s Top 10 successes of 2020:
1. Staff who provided in-person services did an awesome job of following safety guidelines, making working during a pandemic as safe as possible.
2. Started the Maxstar Project in China.
3. The determined Chinese translation team continued this difficult task throughout the year.
4. Conducted CLM Coach in Training MasterClasses (in-house).
5. Teams and office staff mastered Zoom for instruction, coaching, and meetings.
6. Figured out a new balance of working from home and family life… still a work in-progress!
7. Problem solved the various technical insurance requirements for successful TeleHealth services and TeleHealth billing.
8. Expanded implementation of precision teaching and fluency instruction.
9. Increased utilization of CLMMIS for program development and monitoring.
10. We now have 3 clinical directors instead of two: Christina Lovaas, Maribel Stikeleather, and Deena Hilmanofski.
Please take a minute to review the following research/study information shared with us by Cassie Gonzales, a clinical psychology Ph.D. student researcher at the University of Southern California studying under Jonathan Tarbox, Ph.D. BCBA-D.
Your input/participation in this service study will be greatly appreciated.
Anne Wormald is a BCBA at Tucci Learning Solutions. Anne is visiting her parents in Canada. Anne is running a virtual lesson with her learner along with Hailey Popma who is a Behavior Specialist in Santa Cruz County in California.
The learner told Anne how many snowballs to make if each one needed to be bigger or smaller than the last, and in which order they went. Then he told her what parts it needed, how many, and where they went.
Next, they told him the snowman was lost and that they needed an address and phone number for USPS to get him home. Once he was home, Hailey had the learner make him a name tag, and the learner practiced sounding out the letters and writing them as well as his address and phone number so the snowman wouldn’t get lost again.
This is an awesome example of making learning fun during virtual instruction. Way to go Anne and Hailey!
TUCCi Learning Solutions is excited to recognize Maria Bravo for her 20 years of service!
Maria Bravo is a Registered Behavior Technician and Coordinator of Services in the Monterey region. She started her employment with TUCCI on November 1st, 2000. Over the years, Maria has shared her wealth of knowledge and expertise with TUCCi colleagues and the families she has served. Maria’s kindness and patience has made her successful with the most challenging learners. We are very proud of Maria and wish her many more great years to come!
TUCCi Learning Solutions is in need of new hires! Please help us spread the word to recruit and help our company grow. All staffing needs are for in-person services. Santa Clara region: needs full-time Behavior Specialists and a full-time BCBA
Santa Cruz region: needs full-time and part-time Behavior Specialists
Tuolumne region: needs full-time and part-time Behavior Specialists
Please apply here: JOIN OUR TEAM
The CLM Center of Excellence is a division of TUCCi Learning Solutions that promotes and supports global CLM dissemination through six main functions to:
- Provide ongoing professional development to CLMers worldwide
- Develop, market and teach CLM Specialty Certificate Programs and ABA/CLM Verified Course Sequence and supervision infrastructure
- Provide and maintain global CLM licensing and certification standards
- Deliver standardized training and implementation resources to support CLM dissemination
- Establish University Affiliations and connect CLM applied research opportunities
- Support and connect CLM implementers from around the world
In addition to our regular roster of learning and networking events throughout the year to include webinars, CLM Coach Meetings, and our biennial CLM International Conference, we lead full-scale CLM implementation start-up efforts around the world. Currently, we are training, coaching and coordinating efforts at the AlFozan Autism Center in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, the Progressive School in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Blooming Tree ABA Clinic and School in London, England. In addition, we support our longtime CLM implementers in school, clinic and home settings in the United Arab Emirates, France, Malaysia, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
In our daily work, we see how hard all CLMers from around the world are working to bring instructional excellence to the most vulnerable learners everywhere. We are proud of their efforts and applaud their perseverance and commitment to using the CLM with fidelity even during these challenging times. We are grateful to be part of such a loving global community of practitioners doing the good, hard work every day.
Director, CLM Center of Excellence
Micaela Brossard – Behavior Specialist II – Tuolumne region – June 2020
Katelyn Willis – Behavior Specialist II – Tuolumne region – June 2020
Kiana Fernandez – Behavior Specialist II – Santa Cruz region – July 2020
Hailey Popma – Behavior Specialist II – Santa Cruz region – July 2020
Oralia Tinoco– Behavior Specialist II – Monterey region – July 2020
Amber Clayton – Board Certified Behavior Analyst – Monterey region – July 2020
Molly O’Reilly – Behavior Specialist II – Tuolumne region – October 2020
Justin Brentlinger – Behavior Specialist II – Santa Cruz region – November 2020
AUDIENCE – TUCCi Learning Solutions Staff
It’s that time again! Can’t wait to see our Global CLM Coaches on Monday, November 16th at 9:00 AM ET!
Everyone make sure you double-check the time– wherever you are located in the world! Tis’ the season of time changes!!
#competentlearnermodelsystem #clmcenterofexcellence #clmcoach
The online TUCCi University resource is almost ready to roll out. This website will house in-house trainings, the TUCCi CLM Certified Coach application details, and will be integrated with the offerings with the CLM Center of Excellence website.
Here’s a sneak peak. More information to follow about a release date.