Please write a letter of support for the Bill, SB749, for BCBAs Licensure. Way too many other fields are “attempting” to provide services to our learners and most do NOT have the competencies required to formulate, deliver, and monitor ABA programming.
Please read the urgent message from CalABA below.
From: CalABA <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Our first hearing has been set for April 27th, 2015 in front of the Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee.
CalABA needs your help to move SB 479 (Behavior Analyst Licensure Bill) through its first hearing in the Senate.
OUR GOAL: Generate 200 letters of support for SB 479 by April 20th.
The voices of practitioners and families receiving our services are especially important right now. We needevery CalABA member to write a letter of support. We need these letters by April 20th!
Here’s how to do it:
- Read and share the Call To Action.
- Use the following letter templates to get started:
- Ask families explicitly to write a letter of support.
- The letters should emphasize why SB 479 is personally important and should avoid getting too technical. Remind them to use the templates to get started.
- Practitioners should use care and caution when approaching families to write letters of support. We don’t want families to feel coerced into supporting our bill. Our first professional obligation is to our consumers and their families.
- Send 1 copy of each letter to EVERY member of the Senate Committee on Business, Professions, and Economic Development.
- Contact information can be found on p. 2 of the Call to Action handout.
REMEMBER: OUR DEADLINE IS April 20th!
Have a question? Contact us at [email protected]